Now back from over a month on the road, I have taken stock.
What I Lost
1. my glasses (someone sent them to me later)
2. my laptop (for one harrowing afternoon)
3. my beloved cuff links constructed of the "shift" key from an antique typewriter.
4. too much money
5. my personal copy of The Secular Conscience, complete with notes and corrections. Apparently someone took it by mistake at the Barnes & Noble, Greenwich Village book signing (whoever you are, you now know where all the typos are!)
6. my hat
All in all, it could have been worse. Plus, I have:
What I Found
1. some old friends
2. lots of new friends
3. new confidence that there is a real need and an audience for my message