31 March 2008

Southern California

After arriving in Hollywood late last night, I woke up and gave my secular sermon this Sunday morning at the Steve Allen Theater in the Center for Inquiry on Hollywood Boulevard, where my brother Emmett and his wife Barb came out to cheer me on. The director of the Center gave me his car and set me loose on the L.A. freeways. I drove down to Costa Mesa, Orange County, where I spoke at a public library. By the end of the day, we had sold out all of the books that had been shipped to Southern California. A subject of conversation today: the adoption by the United Nations Human Rights Council of a new mandate to gaurd against the "abuses" of freedom of expression that constitute discrimination against the religious. And all this time we thought the point of the Human Rights Council was to protect human rights!

No comments: